Friday, March 2, 2007

February 2007: A Recap

Welcome back everyone, to a blog that has been...well...a LONG time coming. I can't believe it's taken me over a month to write about all my craziness of late. All that being said...let the madness ensue...

Strike One
It all begins with a sad, sad losing streak. It pretty much begins at the New Years, but rehashing New Years is like kicking someone when there down. We don't want to do that. So lets fast forward to say...mid-February. It was a chilly Thursday night, and I had just gotten off work at BP's and I was turning onto 32nd street when all of a sudden I just heard glass breaking. Next thing you know there's a hole in my window and I'm screaming like a girl. I thought someone had tried to shoot a gun at my truck, but luckily for me (yes luckily cause I'm certain someone in this sad world hates me enough to shoot me) it was just a rock.

Strike Two
The very next day, truckless and all my good friend Jenna was kind enough to drive me around for the day with all my work etc. I get picked up from Weatherford and taken to BP's for another night of the "glory hole" and when she drives me home from work that night, what do you know...Jason has no key's to his house. That's right. Vehicleless and now keyless, clearly it was not going to be a good weekend for this poor bastard.

Strike Three
Now Saturday night approaches, and what do you know, it's Ruben's birthday. We took the kid out to supper and everything was going just great, until someone pulled out the fireworks. That's correct, fireworks set off right outside of my landlords window. Which resulted in an eviction notice. How tragic. Well, we were partying already so we might as well make the best of it and get REALLY drunk. I'm talking blackout I don't know how we got to the bar drunk. And thats what I was. It was great. Except that I my night apparently(I saw apparently cause I am going by the stories I've been told) ends with me dancing with some 50-plus-need-to-put-a-bag-over-her-face cougar. Yuck...Oh...and we only had a home for two weeks.

However, me and Joel got on the house hunt almost immediately, and after a couple days of searching I had found a place. We didn't get it but he had another that would be ready for April 1st. We thought we had cut a deal with our landlord and the losing streak was over until this past Sunday(the 25th of Feb) when our landlords knocked on our door at 1:30 and told us we had to go....right after the day before we had confirmed we were good to go for another month. Which is all it was ever supposed to be. So that brings me to where I am now, stressed to shit, sleeping on Jenna's couch with all my shit in storage. The only positive of this is that I get to move into my new house in April. Yay. Other than that. Pathetic. I know this isn't very hateful...but it's a good story for you to all read and learn from. Don't be like me!

No comments: